Be Part Of The Change
Normalize talking about sex.
Anytime is the right time to Join the Greenline LIVE.
Contribute Your Voice to the Greenline!
The Greenline is officially making its debut at Exxxotica, Chicago this year! It’s like a hotline focused on growth and gaining confidence for the curious and confused. (This is not a crisis line – if you are called to support this mission, please visit the TREVOR project here: The TREVOR project)
Our volunteer leaders are available for future events, festivals, expos uniting many voices from around the world by providing encouragement and education to those searching. In effort to reach people where they are, we use the Discord platform because it is free for anyone to join by text, voice or video at any time and ask their questions about sex and sexuality anonymously.
By committing to The Greenline you are committing to normalize talking about sex, sexuality, safety; gender, relationships, intimacy; and the self concept. Adding your voice, content, or events can make a profound and lasting effect in someone’s life - especially your own!
Our GIVE: We are here to support you in following your authentic vision, mission, & purpose (hint: its relational). That's why we boldly promote the professionals and their services listed in our network. We know high tides raise all boats, and together is how YOU reach the world.
Our ASK: Commit to participate in the DISCORD, attending to chatter, 20 minutes or more each time you pop in. We want to reach those who none of us could ever reach alone. Those without means or support, or who don't know there are resources available. We are holding space for the individual by honoring humanity's Curiosity and Confusion with our attention. And however they show up, we meet people where they are.
The Greenline is open 24 hours. Anytime is the right time to log in and exchange some knowledge, support, and encouragement for a dose of feel good vibes.
To contribute to the Greenline Voice:
Please view these criteria as aspirational, not necessarily definitive and exclusive. We ask all applicants to make a good faith effort to provide us with evidence of meeting all four headings of general criteria. These are broad examples.
(1) General competency as a professional.
- *A copy of your current license, or other advanced certification in a recognized therapeutic modality (required).
- Evidence of general clinical competence could include letters of recommendation
- Extensive reading on the history, arts, literature, and sociology of the community, evidenced by an extensive bibliography in one of your presentations or on your website.
(2) Cultural competence about sexuality and the subculture community.
- Participation in workshops, munches, seminars or expos in the community, or volunteering in substantial ways.
- Publication of materials directed to the community; and/or
- Listing of local and national links on your website to educate the larger community and be more inclusive in your own advertising.
(3) Professional/scientific research about therapy and kink, for example:
- Earning 4 CEs over the last two years in a professional setting relating to sexuality, gender or relationships.
- Attending advanced training about kink and therapy through an accredited agency, like ASSECT
- Extensive reading of the relevant research and theory on sexuality in subcultures, evidenced by an extensive bibliography for your presentations or posted on your website. .
(4) An effort to include human sexuality beyond standard practice in a thoughtful way
- You’ve sought supervision or consultation from a recognized “expert in the field”
- Can articulate a developmental model of kink-positive identity and how it relates to treatment planning
- Can articulate how you’ve integrated cultural competency and your understanding of sex theory into your primary philosophy
Subculture groups have values and norms that are distinct from those held by the majority. Culture is what makes up a society’s expression