PREREQUISITE: Queer Friendly Fundamentals
Supporting the LGBTQIA+ community also means supporting the people who are closest to them.
In this class we will discuss the nuances of close relationships that surround LGBTQIA+ individuals and the importance of biological versus chosen family. You will learn the best ways to support family and loved ones through transitions related to gender and sexual orientation that keep support systems strong and make relationships thrive throughout change.
In this 75 minute recorded course you will:
- Discover why supporting caregivers of LGBTQIA+ people is imperative to social justice for the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Learn how to get buy-in from caregivers to do their personal work in order to better support their LGBTQIA+ loved one.
- Learn about the mental and physical health risks associated with rejection of LGBTQIA+ identity.
- Decipher what to do and what not to do when you have an LGBTQIA+ loved one.
- Hone your approach when it comes to caregiver resistance.
- Understand the nuances between supporting caregivers and intimate partners of LGBTQIA+ people.
- Build resources and tools for supporting the families of LGBTQIA+ youth.