This standalone introductory module to the Queer Competency Online Program gives you fast access to the need-to-know information so you can start creating a safer place for your LGBTQIA+ clients to grow and heal right away. From sexual orientation to gender transition, from body diversity to authentic self-expression, learn how to genuinely affirm all the ways people look, love, and celebrate themselves.
In this 90 minute recorded course you will:
- Learn the difference between gender, biological sex, and sexual orientation
- Learn the terms cis-/trans-/intersex
- Learn the difference between identity and expression
- Discuss implications for affirming treatment
- Crack open your social conditioning around bodies and gender so you the language and concepts are easy
- Use the above tools to begin self-exploration of identity