PREREQUISITE: Queer Friendly Fundamentals
As an LGBTQIA+ inclusive provider, you must get very familiar with the ins and outs of transition care.
Whether your client is going through a gender transition or coming out processes to friends and family, these physical, emotional, social and medical transitions are the most sensitive times for your LGBTQIA+ clients. Get equipped with the knowledge and skills to be a qualified and heart-felt support.
In this 80 minute recorded course you will:
- Deepen your understanding of transition in gender and sexual orientation.
- Learn what transition is, and what it is not.
- Learn the 4 key roles practitioners can take to support clients during transition.
- Discover how to help clients decide whether coming out is right for them.
- Gain awareness of the emotional, social, physical, and legal elements of transition that your LGBTQIA+ clients may face.
- Learn the ins and outs of gender affirming medical interventions like Hormone Replacement Therapy and surgeries.
- Become equipped to support people in all phases of transition.