STD List – List of STDs in Men & Women by Category
Last Updated on June 4, 2020 by Shuvani Sanyal, MD
STD List by Category:
- The STI Project’s Comprehensive STD List with links to information about causes, STD photos, symptoms, STD treatment, complications and more.
- STD list for Women – which STDs are most common in women, STDs that are less common in women, and links to overview information about each STD.
- The STI Project’s STD list for Men – which STDs are most common in men, STDs that are less common in men, and links to overview information about each STD.
- A bacterial STD list and links to bacterial std symptoms, bacterial std testing information and bacterial std treatment.
- A viral STD list and links to viral std symptoms, viral std testing information viral std treatment, and blog posts about viral STDs.
- A parasitic STD list with links to parasitic std symptoms, testing information, treatment, complications, and blog posts for parasitic STDs.
STD and STI Information by Type
- BY TYPE OF STI
- CYTOMEGALOVIRUS (CMV)
- GENITAL WARTS (HPV)
- GONORRHEA (‘THE CLAP’)
- HEPATITIS (A, B, & C)
- HERPES (HSV1 & HSV2)
- HIV & AIDS
- HUMAN PAPILLOMAVIRUS (HPV)
- INTESTINAL PARASITES
- LYMPHOGRANULOMA VENEREUM (LGV)
- MOLLUSCUM CONTAGIOSUM
- MONONUCLEOSIS (‘MONO’)
- MYCOPLASMA GENITALIUM
- NONGONOCOCCAL URETHRITIS (NGU)
- PELVIC INFLAMMATORY DISEASE (PID)
- PUBIC LICE (‘CRABS’)
- TRICHOMONIASIS (TRICH)
- VAGINITIS (BV, YEAST, ETC.)
- BY TYPE OF STI
STD Picture Cards
The STD Picture Cards
are a combination of illustration and graphic photo representation of human male and female anatomy with sequelae related to sexually transmitted infection, particularly syphilis. Designed primarily for use by Disease Intervention Specialists (DIS) and other health professionals, the cards are a practical, illustrative educational tool when working with individuals exposed to or at high risk of exposure to sexually transmitted infections. They may also be useful to those individuals who work with higher-risk populations in settings such as correctional facilities, STD and HIV prevention and care clinics, substance abuse centers, family planning clinics, schools and private medical care facilities. The picture cards consist of two separate files, one comprising the illustrations/images and a separate file with the corresponding descriptions and source credit; this downloadable card set is in a format suitable for commercial-quality reproduction.
NOTICE: This link contains GRAPHIC IMAGES of sexually transmitted diseases intended for educational and teaching purposes, and may not be appropriate for all audiences.