STD Testing – Resources, Educational Info and Personal Experiences
Last Updated on June 4, 2020 by Shuvani Sanyal, MD
Basic, educational info about testing:
- Thinking about STD testing logically based upon sexual activities, risk, and how to know whether or not you should get testing done to check for STDs.
- When to get tested for STDs based on common STD testing windows, what an STD testing window is and things to remember when receiving results.
Where to get testing:
- Where to get STD testing – Fast, private, and affordable STD testing options without having to schedule a doctor’s visit or appointment.
- Where to get STD testing – Global clinics offering STD testing, free STD testing options and low-cost STD testing.
- Details on where to get free HIV testing & STI testing for National HIV Testing Day on June 27th as well as centers offering free testing all week.
- Where to get STD vaccines globally (free, low-cost, or for purchase) – types of STD vaccines available and the STD vaccine process at STD testing clinics and healthcare providers.
Personal testing perspectives:
- What is it like to get tested for STIs? My STI Testing Experience and the STI testing procedure for HIV, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, and Syphilis at testing clinics.
- A guest post ‘As an STD testing counselor at getSTDtested.com I’ve heard some raucous sex stories – here are my 5 most notable takeaways.’
- A healthcare worker’s story about the first time giving an HIV positive result during STI testing and how that day forever changed her perspective.
- A guest post by a reader who has tried both public and private STI testing in the UK – what her experiences were like and how to get an STD test in the UK.
– – – –
- Think You Might Have an STD?
- Ask a Dermatologist
- Private STI Testing Centers
- Compare STD Tests – Private vs. Free
- Free STI Testing Centers
- Global STI Testing Locations